Wednesday 21 January 2015

1 Real Girl Takes On 6 Decades of Classic Beauty Looks


Stuck in a hair and makeup rut, InStyle.com assistant editor Marianne Mychaskiw tested out retro beauty trends from the '50s onward each day for a week to see if she could find modern-day inspiration in vintage looks. Find out what it was like, and get tips on how to pull off each one!

I'm a creature of habit and when I find something that works, I tend to stick with it — just ask the barista I hit up at Starbucks on the daily, who knows my order to a T. Often this routine fits just fine, but I was feeling a bit uninspired in terms of my hair and makeup. The cat-eye was my standard, and my lipstick lineup ranged from nude, nuder, and so nude that it would probably be accompanied by an NC-17 rating. In need of a beauty reboot (and perhaps a motivational sing-a-long to Katy Perry's "Firework"), I took a retrospective look at all the top hair and makeup trends from each era every day for a week, with the 1950s as my starting point.

Source http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Iconic-Beauty-Looks-From-Every-Decade-36634278#photo-36634278

No comments:

Post a Comment