Tuesday 30 December 2014

Do You Yell? The Great Debate Over Whether It Hurts or Helps

Today, as I was getting ready to write my weekly column, I looked at the community to see readers' comments about How to Teach Kids to Learn From Their Mistakes, an article I'd written a while ago.

Your comments really reflected the full range of opinions on the subject of yelling. So instead of responding to each comment, I thought it would be more beneficial to continue the conversation here so everyone reading can weigh in, too. 

(So this does not become a vehicle to just disagree and judge others, i.e. yelling on paper, I removed the names and, for the most part, used only bits of the comments. It's not my intention to misrepresent anyone. If you want to read the comments in their entirety, go to the community.)

Also, because I believe my job is to inspire and expand the way people think about parenting topics, here are some questions to think about before you add a comment.



Source http://www.popsugar.com/moms/OK-Yell-Children-27331024

No comments:

Post a Comment